Monday, July 4, 2011

The Story of Simon

Search and Select The Passage

Acts 8: 21

Watch The Context
Acts 8:4-25

The story tell the ministry of Phillip in Samaria, followed by Peter and John and their encounter with Simon

Observe The Word

Right With God -the expression of Peter condemning Simon who wants to pay the apostles to bless Him with the Holy Spirit

Reflect The Message

Power is somwthing that people craves. When we have that power, we consider ourselves superior than the other. people often will do whatever it takes to gain that power. I should be very careful with my motives, and what drives me to do what i do. It is obvious in this story that Simon was a believer. It is just unfotunate that his faith swayed by the ambition to gain power.

Peter reminds Simon, that his heart must be right with God. His motives must be true to his conviction and not only to the power it can bring.

Develop A New Walk in Grace

To always make sure my motives is right, before doing any action

Prayer: LORD, search my heart and lead me to know my real motives in anything i do.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Ang Mo Kio Avenue 12,,Singapore

No comments: