Thursday, September 29, 2011

What God Hates

Proverbs 12:2-3

There is one thing that strikes me immediately when i read these 2 verses. It is the word wicked. The verse came from the word myzzimot in Hebrew that means evil plot.

This word has a personal meaning for myself since it is something that is very real in my personal life. I have seen, experienced, even become a victim of people "wicked plan" and it is not a pleasant experience.

However this verse gave me that encouragement that Number One; God despises them and number two: they dont last. Even though i still have to see the fulfillment of that promises in the real world, i do believe God is real. Therefore His promises is real.

However it is a personal reminder for myself that God hates those who planned something evil against their fellow men. It is something that i should dare to take a stand. Planning something bad against someone else is as bad as despising God.

On the more positive side though, God honors and bless those who are standing for the right. Proverbs says: "they receive a favor from God" that is something very encouraging. I might not be perfect (and i will never be) but one thing i know He is pleased with me when i "choose" to do good.

No comments: